Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Days like these

Because most days feel like these:


http://vimeo.com/11621957
 
I thought I'd just take time to honor this day.

There are some days that are just perfect....most of them are when I'm home for the day, with only my own chores to do, no errands to run, coffee in the morning, a lovely lunch with Sophie after preschool, and finally the house is clean. The laundry is almost done, but not quite because it never quite is. The breeze from outside is fantastically summer like, but not too hot, and I've hung clothes on the line (my favorite thing). I weeded the garden and raked up the helicopters that are raining down on everything from our big backyard tree and then quit when these contractions started. And I'm excited because my mom comes this weekend bearing tons of hastas and lillies to plant along the fence back there. 

Days like these remind me why it's worth it to work horrendous hours at work...but only 3 nights a week, leaving time for me to have an occasional Laura Ingles type of day, because I just love days like these. 

Excuse me while I go churn my own butter.
Just kidding. 

I may only have a few of these days left before the peanut is born. I suppose I have the right to enjoy them for now...right?

Hope you are enjoying your day too!


1 comment:

Lianna said...

I MUST get a clothesline! I'm so jealous.