Friday, May 14, 2010

Tonight = hotdogs

This is Olivia this morning. She is ready to go on a fieldtrip that ALL kids are invited to! The first grade class is going to the Blank Park Zoo and the Iowa Historical Museum. Olivia did a project on bengal tigers with her dad, and presented it to the class on Monday. Today, they get to visit the animals they studied. Olivia is very excited. I think she's most excited that I let her have a Lunchable today. One meal of non-food can't hurt right? I added a bag of fruit though so it wasn't a complete loss. 

Yesterday was the "good character" trip that Olivia was disqualified from. I picked up Olivia around 12:30 from school. She wanted to pick out a movie from the REDbox, which is really fun for us because we just got one in Polk City. We embrace our hickness. Then we watched the movie together, cuddled on the chair, ate popcorn, painted pictures, played outside, and ended the afternoon with a slushie. Sophie did a great job of helping to celebrate her sister. She didn't throw a fit when she didn't get to pick the movie. She kept encouraging Olivia to choose what she wanted to do....they were an adorable pair! It solidified in my mind what I already knew: I'm so proud of them, and their good character. 

This one is Soph and me, on our way out to the mall. We reluctantly bought a maternity dress, spent $40 on TWO items for baby at BabyGap (I'm never going back...I can't control myself there), and ended the trip by eating at Jimmy John's. Probably could've gotten by sharing a sammy, as we dropped the majority of each sandwich off at dad's work anyway. 

Today is a beautiful sunny day after a long stretch of rainy ones. It's Friday, and we have big plans tonight: camping!!! Steve picked up the TERRY last night and she's nearly all packed up. I have to say, I'm excited to sit in my red chair by the campfire....and I love hotdogs. SCORE!
Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Such cuties! And I know a whole lot of women who pay a whole lot of money for Sophie's hair...