Thursday, November 5, 2009

A sheltering tree

Honestly people, I'm overwhelmed by you.....in a good way.

Over the past couple of weeks, we've been surrounded by love all over the place! Meals have been brought over every single night of the week. Flowers are arriving, cards, phone calls, emails of love and support abound. You have swept my kitchen floor, done our dishes, changed our laundry, played with my kids. Family, friends, and coworkers have stepped in to save the day.

I shouldn't be surprised, of course, but for some reason, I'm totally taken aback. What an awesome world we live in. What an amazing group of people I am surrounded by. It is comforting to know that when things get bad, you all come a running!

I found a good quote yesterday that sums it up in my mind:

"A friend is a sheltering tree" ~Coleridge

It shades, protects, comforts.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have one magnet by my desk at work. It says, "A friend is a sheltering tree." Yes.